Anahi Brown, Nany, is my BFF since college years, my “comadre”, coach, health counselor, life and style Goddess and a guide on my motherhood and womanhood path. She is in another league of wisdom, if you know what I mean.
Professionally speaking she is HHC, AADP, BSc, is a certified Holistic Wellness Coach with over 10 years experience, a published author and motivational speaker.
Of course she had to be the first interviewee in my Top 10 Mom Interview, because she is the voice behind my head saying: “You can do it mamma! You will succeed, you rock big time!”. I will be forever grateful for that empowerment she has given me and other women like me.
This is a funny and relax questionnaire to know more about her. So join us!.
- – How would you define yourself?
- Hmmmm. Today I would define myself as a funny and happy woman, a believer in human goodness, a Women’s Empower supporter, Joyful Motherhood enthusiast and a real woman learning to leave dogma behind to discover her own truths.
- –Where do you find Kryptonite to become SuperNany everyday?
- This one made ma laugh SO much because precisely today I’m surviving on coffee after spending a night up with Michael. I think my best fuel is my purpose to Ignite Women’s Empowerment to change the world. Even with 2 hours of sleep, if I’m connecting with some awesome woman and talking about what I love, I have all the energy in the world. Coffee does help, though!
- – How do you make sure your Venezuelan roots are included in your family daily life? Raising third culture children can be a challenge, right?
- YEEEEES! Challenge indeed! Especially since my husband is British, so another whole different culture. To me the cooking is key; I want my boys to get used to our flavors. I also like to have loads of children’s Venezuelan books that they can connect to. It’s hard. Matt speaks Spanish with a strong accent, so it’s not as I wished, but at least he knows where we come from and loves our food and music.
- – You speak A LOT, very fast and in different languages, you live in a big house of boys with a cat too and you are an entrepreneur and a holistic Coach. How do you bare yourself?
- Not sure I do. (Laughs) Ok, we have a louder and bigger than life house. We all shout, dance, laugh and talk all the time. It’s overwhelming yet SO MUCH FUN. I don’t know, I just love my chaos, I guess! Sometimes Matt is singing, Michael crying or talking, we have music in the background and then Tigger (our cat) starts meowing SUPER loudly. In the middle of that I just start laughing like a crazy person because it’s just so TV/Reality TV crazy. You know?
- – What are the activities you enjoy more when you have date times with #MrB?
- Movies for sure! I love dancing but he doesn’t, but Films we both love. Other than that we love the theatre when available. I think after 6 years, 2 kids and a cat together, just going out the two of us is our favorite in itself.
- – What do you know today that you wish you could have known 10 years ago?
- That I am enough as I am. I wished I had internalized that before… I wasted too much time hating my body or my choices instead of loving myself and enjoying the road.
- – Best thing about raising children in Doha, Qatar. From visiting you several times- I can tell is a completely different culture than the Venezuelan one where you and I where raised.
- It’s a place for family. It’s super safe and people loves kids, so my boys are constantly pampered and being looked at by a whole tribe of people. I also love how diverse their lives are. Matt goes to school with kids of over 60 nationalities, his vision of race will be completely different than mine in a positive way.
- – Since you are a bookworm, what are you currently reading this week?
- I’m finishing Liz Gilbert’s Stern Men and also slowly ready Full Catastrophe Living by Jon Kabat-Zin. I’ve taken forever with both since these days I start reading on the Kindle and without realizing fall asleep!
- – If you weren’t SuperNany? You would like to be…
- I think if I had a do-over and I wasn’t a coach and mom I would either be a Medical Doctor or a Scientist. Or and actress! I still LOVE the theatre like nothing else.
- – As our last Top 10 Mom question, tell us about next steps on your business /life? What shall we expecting in the near future from Anahi Brown?
- SO MUCH COMING! I have my Holistic Beauty Program coming in March (March 6 to be precise!), which I would love to turn into an Online program in the future. I’m organizing a couple of Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) programs here and, in April I’m launching my Paleo in Qatar Cooking Series… and this is just the beginning!
Thanks Nany! I am sure all these great activities will be a great success on your career path and for the participants a life changer! You go girl!
And for all of you readers, let me know what you think of this first interview on the comments below! THANKS!
Anahi Brown is a Women’s Empowerment Coach, Joyful Motherhood Mentor and Holistic Nourishment Advocate. You can find more about her on: